Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Here, chicky chicky

I've been writing a lot about chicken recently. Well, that's because I eat a lot of chicken.

When you cook the same ingredient a lot, variety is key. Luckily, chicken goes with lots of things. The combinations are endless! I like it with soy and ginger; honey and cherry tomatoes; apples and sage; and lemons and salt. But it also is freakishly good with bacon and olives.

This recipe might smoke up your kitchen a bit, since the oven temperature is so high. Don't worry. Turn on the fan, open some windows, shuffle the dog into another room, and drink a beer. In about 40 minutes, you'll have crispy, bacony, chickeny goodness, with almost no effort at all. And, if you are lucky like me, you have a husband that likes the drumsticks, leaving you with the thighs. I could take or leave the white meat, but I'm waiting for the day the husband decides he doesn't like the wings. So far we've managed to split them civilly, but something has to test a marriage eventually, doesn't it?

4 comments:

  1. Yum!! Even I might eat chicken slathered in bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks good. i wish a) that my man ate meat and b) that i ate bacon. we'll need to work on our deficiencies and make this meal very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds really delicious and flavorful...hope your husband decides he doesn't like wings soon :)

    ReplyDelete