Friday, November 6, 2009

A night out with Steamy Kitchen

Last night I had the good fortune to be invited along for a little foodie feeding frenzy.

Jaden Hair of the fabulous blog Steamy Kitchen, happened to be in town touring for her new cookbook. My sometime virtual friend and newfound real-life friend Ben, from Cooking with the Single Guy, decided to pull together a few local food bloggers to welcome Jaden to the Bay Area and was kind enough to include me and the husband in the festivities.

We met at Otoro, which may just be my new favorite sushi joint in San Francisco, where we ordered a slew of goodies, from seaweed salad to monkfish liver. Along with Ben and Jaden, we were joined by Stephanie from Wasabimon and Sean from Hedonia. Rather than recounting the entire evening, check out Ben's great post, complete with awesome action shots of Jaden serving noodles, as well as a group photo in which the husband towers like a giant over the rest of us dwarfs. Really, he's only 6'2" but in the picture he looks about 8 feet tall.

Thanks again to Ben for organizing a lovely evening out. It's so fun to meet new people who share a common interest. And how often do you meet strangers and 30 minutes later find yourself willingly sharing a bowl of communal ramen, particularly in the age of pig flu? Not often, I say. It was a great night.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I'm jealous, we don't ever seem to have blogger get togethers in Boston. Or no one is telling me about them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that is funny, your husband did look like he's a pro basketball player in the photo! Glad you could make it, it was great meeting you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed out on the fun times! The food was good then? Well, hope to run into you at the Foodbuzz bash this weekend. I'll be at some of the morning seminars (early olive oil then farm to table), then dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun!!! I love seaweed salad. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like great fun! Good for you, thanks for sharing your night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic evening! I saw the group photo on Ben's blog and it looks like it was a really fun time. So glad to see when bloggers get together in-person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I missed hanging out with you guys. The pics made me very hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete